- Visitors to the Laboratory are advised to wear a mask if they are unvaccinated or have health concerns.
- Only visitors who have a valid COVID Visitor Pass will be able to enter Laboratory facilities. Visitors may access the COVID Visitor Pass app
via https://attestation.ll.mit.edu. Please see the user guide for more information.
- The COVID Visitor Pass is good until midnight and requires an initial acknowledgement of compliance to access the Laboratory and a daily health attestation. A paper self-attestation form is available to visitors. Visitors may bring a completed copy of the Visitor Screening Questionnaire with them (completed on the day of their visit) or can complete the form on site.
- Visitors to the Laboratory should comply with the CDC's recommendations for travel.
Information and Directions
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is located in Lexington, Massachusetts, approximately 14 miles northwest of Boston and Logan International Airport.
- Map to main Lincoln Laboratory Facility at 244 Wood Street, Lexington, Massachusetts
- PLEASE NOTE: you will not be able to access the Laboratory from Hanscom AFB. All visitors must come through the Wood Street gate. Please proceed to the gate via Hartwell Ave to Wood Street, or route 2A to Old Massachusetts Ave to Wood Street
- Visitor parking at Lincoln Laboratory
- Map and directions to Forbes Road facility
- Bicycling access to Lincoln Laboratory and commuter bicycle parking
Public Transportation and Shuttle to Lincoln Laboratory
Lincoln Laboratory is accessible to Boston via the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) public subway/bus system. MBTA schedules, routes, maps, and fare information are available at their website.
Lincoln Laboratory's Facility Services Department operates a free shuttle service between the MIT campus in Cambridge and the main Laboratory facility. Departures from MIT originate at the MIT Medical Department on the even hours between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., and the shuttle departs from the Laboratory on the odd hours between 7:00 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. The complete schedule is listed below.
To enable social distancing between passengers, the Laboratory will be utilizing large shuttles for all routes and limiting occupancy to 25% of each shuttle’s full capacity. If you must take public transportation or use Lincoln Laboratory shuttles, wear a mask before entering the bus and avoid touching surfaces with your hands, if possible.
Lincoln Laboratory — MIT Campus Shuttle
Leave Medical Department
Leave MIT Building 39
Leave Lincoln Beaver Works
|7:00 am||--||7:45 am||--||8:25 am|
|9:00 am||10:00 am||10:10 am||10:15 am||11:00 am|
|11:00 am||12:00 pm||12:10 pm||12:15 pm||1:00 pm|
|1:00 pm||2:00 pm||2:10 pm||2:15 pm||3:00 pm|
|3:00 pm||4:00 pm||4:10 pm||4:15 pm||5:00 pm|
|5:15 pm||6:00 pm*||6:10 pm||6:15 pm||7:00 pm|
Times are approximate.
*Departs/arrives Kendall Square MBTA stop, Main Street
Shuttle arrives at the Forbes Road facility prior to arriving at the main Laboratory facility.
Main Lincoln Laboratory Facility — Forbes Road Shuttle
Lincoln Laboratory's Facility Services Department operates a shuttle service between the main Laboratory facility and the facility on Forbes Road in Lexington. The shuttle can be picked up at the shuttle kiosk next to the parking garage, across from the entrance to South Lab.
The shuttle to Forbes Road leaves the main facility on the half hour, with the first departure at 7:30 a.m. and arrival at Forbes Road at 7:45 a.m. The shuttle from Forbes Road to the main facility leaves at quarter of and quarter past the hour.
The last shuttle run of the day leaves Forbes Road at 5:45 p.m., arriving at the main Laboratory facility at 6:00 p.m.
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory security policies and procedures limit the electronic devices that may be brought into Laboratory facilities.
- Please email any presentations, reports, or other necessary documents directly to your host. If that is not possible, copy the unclassified documents onto a USB drive or CD. Copy only the files you need for your visit as this media will be scanned for viruses prior to your entry and scanning large quantities of unnecessary files could cause delays.
- Please leave electronic devices, backpacks, luggage, and other personal items in your vehicle whenever possible while visiting Lincoln Laboratory since some of these items may be prohibited and there is very limited storage space available.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Campus
MIT Campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts, offers Lincoln Laboratory staff a variety of educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities.