Beaver Works Summer Institute Online Courses
- Online STEM Course
- High School (Grades 9–12)
- High School Teachers
The Beaver Works Summer Institute (named after the MIT mascot) has expanded from an onsite summer workshop to a variety of online courses offered all year round in the following programs:
- Autonomous RACECAR Grand Prix
- Autonomous Air Vehicle Racing
- Hacking a 3D Printer
- Cog*Works: Build Your Own Cognitive Assistant
- Embedded Security and Hardware Hacking
- Build a Cubesat
- Unmanned Air System–Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Unreliable Media
How to Apply
To apply to one of these programs, you must complete the BWSI Online Education Program, designed to prepare students for these technically rigorous courses. To participate, a student must submit a nomination by a school point of contact (POC), typically a STEM teacher or school administrator familiar with the student's schoolwork and technical abilities. Teachers, prior BWSI students, and teaching assistants can also apply for online course access by filling out this form. If you are interested in participating, fill out the nomination form below.
The application form for the student will be sent to them once the request comes in from the teacher/recommender. Once the application is approved, the student will receive an email that contains:
- A user ID and password with instructions on how to access the online course website.
- Information about your Piazza account for communication with the instructors.
You may enroll in as many online courses as you wish, but you need to send email to [email protected] and ask to be added to the Piazza section for any additional course you want to join.